- [Video/Image]This can be setup to record automatically when the car turns on and stops when the car turns off right? I don't want to rely only on motion detection?
The dash cam can be set to record automatically when the car turns on but it will turn off when the car power off. If you keep the parking mode on, it will power on to record accidents once it happened to your car and then turn off automatically.
- [Video/Image]When I review my journey only the last 3-4 minutes are saved. Some of the previous journey is also saved. why is this?
This dash cam record videos in 2 modes . One is normal mode, videos recorded in this mode will be saved to dash cam and will be overwritten by new files if the card runs out of free memory and the loop recording function is on. The other mode is emergency mode, videos will be locked into event video folder and never be overwritten. That's the difference of how video saved and why they are saved into different length. Also make sure power cord is connected when you turn vehicle on. And set it to overwrite earlier video. Do not set a time. Take off the motion sensor.
- [Video/Image] Will the camera record if someone walks by my vehicle and might want to vandalize it ?
By motion detection function on, the cam will record a video when some walks by the vehicle if the cam is working on, while by G-sensor on, it will record the video only when the vehicle meets a collision which reaches the G-sensor settings.
- [Video/Image] How long can you record 1920*1080px video on a 16GB SD card before it loops?
Normally it can record about 2 hours when the dash cam is powered on while video resolution is 1920*1080px.
- [Video/Image] Why the cam shuts off display after 2~3 min of recording? is there any way I can make it continuously display?
When you set LCD backlight Auto Power Off, it will shut off automatically when time reaching. If you would like to keep it on, set "LCD backlight Auto Power" OFF.
- [Video/Image] Does this have video inputs for a backup camera?
Sorry, temporarily not. We are considering developing that type soon.
- [Video/Image] How come my camera records for a few (10 or so)seconds and then resets?
This dash cam features a motion detection function. When the sensor detect a motion moving, it starts to record a video. You can set Motion Detection off to avoid such situation if you would like to.
- [Video/Image] How can I playback my video?
You can connect the cam with your computer, laptop to playback the video saved in SD card; or you may take off the SD card and read the video with a card reader. To playback the video on the cam, use menu button and up/down key to scroll through the video
- [Video/Image] Is the seamless coupling for loop video? If it will miss recording?
Yes, for example: every video has 1 minute, 10 files have 10 minutes actual videos, every file will link up together, it won’t happen the missing video.
- [Video/Image] Why my video is only a 1 minute or 3 minutes file?
Each video length (1/3/5 minutes or off) is settled by the menu. For limited capacity of the memory card, when the storage of memory card is full, the oldest files will be overwritten automatically. So the video recording will be saved safety with a 1 minute,3 minutes, or 5 minutes files. If the video recording is a half an hour or 1 hour file. It will appear the whole video covered.