- [Other Part] Does it have a built in battery for when the car is turned off?
Yes, it has a build in 3C li-battery which could last for 20-30 mins. when car is turn off.
- [Other Part] Does the car have to beer on for the motion detector to activate?
Its view angle is 150 degree or above. Any range within its view angle can be recorded clearly. If someone want to vandalize it , the dash cam will auto-power on to record and videos will be locked in the event folder and won't be overwritten.
- [Other Part] Can you swivel this camera to record the driver? How long is that cable for power source? How good is the night vision? how many hrs does 64G last 720p?
The dash cam can be record the driver or the car inside. The power cable is 3.6 meters. It works fine if you use it with your headlights on. It can record 300 minutes at 720p if you use a 64GB SD card. If you keep loop recording on, it will record all the time, new files will overwrites old files. But recording of emergency or potential danger can be locked to the dash cam.
- [Other Part] Can you just leave it on and have it record a road trip while we are driving without over-write assuming there is enough memory card?
The dash cam has a loop recording function. If you close the function and motion detection function , you will get a longer video. But please guarantee you are in safe place, or we suggest you keep those 2 functions on. the camera records continuously, manually remove the old records
- [Other Part] How do I or can I save my trips?
You may copy the files recorded during your trip to computer, laptop or other devices to save your trip.
- [Other Part] Can you set it to record your trip and how long will it record ?
That's exactly what I got it for. I'm using 64GB cards it really would depend on how you set it. If you set it to record audio it will use more space. If you set it to a lower resolution it will last longer than if you set it to higher quality or HD. So it's really hard to answer that. But I used it on a 100 mile trip HD with audio and there was plenty of room.
- [Other Part] Does it have G-Sensor to prevent car crash being overwritten?
Yes, all our Cams come with G-sensor.
- [Other Part] What's the difference between a motion detecting and parking monitor？
1. For Motion detecting: it needs to start in case of the power supplying, when you launch to the motion detecting function, the people or scene which appear in front of lens will trigger the the motion detecting and start the video.
2. For parking monitor: When you park the vehicle, also turn off the car charger, someone touch to your vehicle, G-sensor function will response it. The DVR will automatically turn on to record for 15 seconds and save to the emergency video file. Then turn off automatically.
- [Other Part] What kind of micro sd card does it take?
It takes normal SD card. Such as kingston, samsung, Toshiba, Sony, Transcend, Sandisk.
- [Other Part] Does the cam come with any kind of a memory card or will I have to purchase one before I can use it?
Generally no, you are required to equip the cam with a Micro SD card above Class 6/10. If you prefer to have a SD card come with you, please leave message on this website.
- [Other Part] Will this Dash Cam support a 128GB SD card?
Each model support different Max. SD card volume, you may refer to color box and Quick Start Guide to get exact max. card volume.
- [Other Part] Why DVR SD card can’t be read?
DVR Memory cards must be no lower class as required of each model：Class 6 or 10 memory card. You are suggested to format the SD card before use, and insert/connect USB again to the reader.
- [Key Part] The screen turns off 3 minutes after I start driving. Is there a way to change it to 1 min?
The item can’t change it to 1 min. You could Gently press the on/off button to turn off the screen. We will keep doing better on our product. Thanks.
- [Key Part] What is the best basic settings to the cam?
Since the basic setting includes different aspects, For example, resolution: Among the 3 options, 2560*1296@30fps is best resolution, but the file you record at this resolution will take more capacity. For SD card, we suggest up to 64GB ( class 6 ) for better performance. And other aspects, such as Loop recording, Exposure, White- balance, G-sensor, etc, you can set .according to the situation to meet your need.
- [Key Part] Why DVR will turn off automatically without plugging in car charger?
For limited capacity of the memory card, when it has no any operation, the factory defaults to turn off automatically after 1 minute.
- [Key Part] Can I set the screen to stay on at all times when I'm driving or does it put the screen to sleep mode no matter what?
The LCD screen can be set on or off with Menu buttons on the cam by yourself accordingly.
- [Key Part] When I record the car tracking, why the screen become off?
In order to make driving safer, the factory defaults to shut off the screen automatically after 3 minutes (you can also default the parameter on your cam). But the vehicle traveling data is still on working, If you want to keep on lighting the screen, please close Backlight off setting.
- [Key Part] What is the chipset/solution/screen size of my purchased product?
Please find specification described for each model on website www.rayberry.com. Before you choose a model, you need to verify the model No. shown on color box (E1, D2, C2, etc.).